Since it’s approaching that dead period for Utah Athletics stories, it’s time to start filling in a few that have fallen through the cracks the past few weeks.
A couple of weeks ago we learned that our fearless leader in basketball, Larry Krystkowiak, had received a new five year deal. We knew the big details, 5 years, an average of $1.4 million per year, plus a bonus for staying for three more years and another for staying the length of the contract. But in case you missed them elsewhere, here are some of the fine points.
- $400,000 Base Salary
- $500,000 For Radio/TV
- $500,000 For Appearances
- $100,000 From Under Armor
- All of the Above will increase 5% annually
- $50,000 For Winning Season either over all or in Pac-12
- $50,000 For A Sweet 16
- $100,000 For A Final Four
- $15,000 For over 970
- $10,000 For over 960
- $5,000 For over 950
Hanging around Incentives
- $375,000 For being employed as of June 30, 2017
- $375,000 For being employed as of June 30, 2019
The deal also includes a car, phone, spouse’s travel and a country club membership.
Larry’s buyout is $1.4 million payable over four years.
So like I said, a pretty sweet deal for coaching the Utes to a 42-55 record. Also lets hope he buys some better suits.