Editors Note: 5.22.12 marked 100 Days Till College Football Kicks Off. Each day I’m going to post once thing I can’t wait to see. These will be in random order, some sappy, some funny, some serious. But it’s something to do until the season gets here. I would love to hear some comments about what you’re looking forward too.
94. What will Boise St. look like in the post-Kellen Moore era? I’ve always felt that Boise is walking a bit of a tight rope and that it wouldn’t take a ton to knock them back a fair distance. They’ve lost a lot of talent over the past couple of years. Will their final year in the MWC bring them a MWC title or will the stumble their way to the Big East. I think it’s an interesting story to watch.
95. Can Jordan Wynn stay healthy? I’ve always been a big Jordan Wynn guy. He was sort of thrown to the wolves against a great TCU team and damn he just kept fighting. I’ve never gotten why some Ute fans are so down on him. Of course there are the same Ute fans who were down on Brian Johnson, said things like, “he just doesn’t have it” or “he should move to receiver,” so perhaps I shouldn’t worry so much. I think Jordan is a great kid and I’d love to see him come out and really blow it up. We’ve got a whole lot of toys on offense so if Jordan can bring it, we could be very special.
96. Missouri and Texas A&M in the SEC. They probably won’t do much but I’m oddly cheering for them to make some noise if only to have to listen to all those SEC honks back-peddle. I haven’t heard SEC back-peddling since the ’08 Sugar Bowl and well it was a whole lotta fun then. I’d like to hear it again.
97. The Brian Johnson Offense and Ute Fans reaction to it. Ute fans have long had a I hate you relationship with their offensive coordinators. I think only the greatest offense in Utah history, the 2004 Alex Smith/Urban Meyer Ferrari began to satisfy them. It will be interesting to see what happens on the first play we don’t score a touchdown.
98. The USC Song Girls in Rice Eccles Stadium on October 4th. The USC Song Girls are one of the truly tremendous traditions of college sports. To this day wearing those lovely sweaters that any red-blooded American man should love. I know I’m supposed to hate USC since we’re all Pac-12 and stuff. But most things USC are truly part of college football tradition and the Song Girls are second to none.
99. The return of Urban Meyer to college football. God I love Urban Meyer because he makes things more fun. People love or hate the guy and there is no in between. He pissed of the MAC, the MWC, the SEC and now he’s on to rage in the Big 12. Love him or hate him, college football is more fun with Urban Meyer on the sidelines.
100. My son’s first college football game. He’s turing three this fall so its time to see how far he gets through a college football game. He made it through two basketball games this past season so I’m excited to see. The downside is, it will be an Arizona Wildcat football game. However, I may make it the Oklahoma St. game. Anyway this is a big deal, a kids first football game. My first game was Wyoming vs. New Mexico in Laramie.